How to Apply for Hunan Government Scholarships ?
Since 2006, Hunan has established scholarships for international students. They are offered according to applicant performance and academic records.
1. The scholarships are available at Hunan colleges and universities which recruit foreign students.
2. The scholarships are for:
a. full-time foreign undergraduate, master and doctoral students who have studied in Hunan; and
b. language students intending to study in Hunan.
May and June, annually.
To qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must:
1. be a foreign national holding a foreign passport and be friendly to China.
2. abide by PRC laws and regulations, and school rules and regulations.
3. be honest and trustworthy, have good moral cultivation and be in good health.
4. be outstanding academically.
Bachelor's 15,000 yuan / year Master's 20,000 yuan / year Doctoral 25,000 yuan / year Language 6,000 yuan / half year
Approval, Evaluation and Award:
1. Applicants shall apply to their schools in accordance with the application requirements. Once every academic year, students can apply and submit the Application Form for Hunan Government International Students Scholarship (Form #1 for Degree Programs).
2. Foreign students who intend to study in Hunan for academic can apply for a half-year language scholarship to any college that enrolls international students. Submit an Application Form for Hunan Government International Students Scholarship (Form #2 for Language Programs).
3. The number of scholarships for each college or university is decided upon by the end of May. Schools will organize evaluations to determine qualified students, announce the names of those eligible within five working days, and report the results to the provincial education department by the end of June. Students having a Chinese Government Scholarship or Confucius Institute Scholarship for a year may not receive a Hunan Foreign Student Scholarship for the same year.
4. The scholarship will be announced by the end of September, and will then be awarded to recipients.
For more information, please refer to the following link:
Application Form for Hunan Government International Students Scholarship(Form #1 for Degree Programs)
Application Form for Hunan Government International Students Scholarship(Form #2 for Language Programs)