How can I rent a house or apartment?
A foreigner may find a house in Changsha through a real estate intermediary.
You should avoid renting a house or apartment if any of the following apply:
(1) There is no certificate of ownership;
(2) The house is sealed up by ruling or decisions of judicial or administrative organs or housing and land rights are restricted in other ways by these organs;
(3) The house is jointly owned and consent of one or more joint owners is lacking;
(4) Ownership is disputed;
(5) The building is illegal;
(6) The house does not meet safely standards;
(7) The house is mortgaged and consent of the mortgagee has not been obtained;
(8) The house fails to meet requirements set by public security, environmental protection, health or other competent authorities;
(9) The house may not be rented according to other laws, regulations and rules