Changsha Travel Tips on Mid-Autumn Festival
Mid-Autumn Festival falls on September 13 this year. The Chinese will have a three-day holiday to celebrate the festival between Sept 13 and 15. We’ve gathered some travel tips for your reference and wish you a happy Mid-Autumn Festival!
1. No toll-free highway on the Mid-Autumn Festival holiday.
2. There is no fireworks show on Mid-Autumn Festival, but there is one on National Day (October 1).
3. There is no fountain show on Meixi Lake, and the opening time is not yet confirmed.
4. Individual vehicles are prohibited to enter the Orange Isle scenic spot between 15:00-20:00 on every Friday and 7:00-20:00 on national holidays. Those who plans to visit the scenic spot may take Subway Line 2 and get off at Juzizhou Station.
5. There are no sufficient parking lots around the Yuelu Mountain scenic spot. Lushan Road is an one-way road (from South to North). Those who intends to visit the scenic spot may take a bus, or Subway Line 2 (get off at Yingwanzhen Station and transfer to Line 4) or Line 4 (take Line 4 go to the scenic spot directly and get off at Hunan University Station).
6. A heavy traffic flow is to be seen on the Hunan Museum Road Section of Dongfeng Road during the holiday between 9:00-12:00 and 14:30-16:30. There are no sufficient parking lots nearby. Those who are going to the Hunan Museum may keep away from the peak time or take a bus or taxi.
7. A large passenger flow is to be seen near Wuyi Avenue during the holiday. Presently a roadway for vehicles on the west side of Huangxing Road is open to pedestrians to reduce the inconvenience caused by a department store’s decoration work. Be aware of the inconveniences when passing by.
Translator: Xiao Juan
Chinese source: bendibao.com