Changsha National Biomedical Industrial Base (Hunan Liuyang Biomedical Park)
Changsha National Biomedical Industrial Base is originally named Liuyang Biomedical Park and was established in January of 1998 as per the approval of the Provincial Government. Planned are of the Base is 13.4 square kilometers and it is 35 km away from Changsha and 25 km away from Liuyang. To occupy the commanding point of hi-tech industry and adjust industrial structure, Liuyang the old district created this new brand of Liuyang Biomedical Park in Hunan’s Hi-Tech Industry.
For the past 8 years, Liuyang has been financing alone for the construction of the park and the construction of professional medical service. More than 8.5 square kilometers have been developed here and over 110 pharmaceutics companies and 80 auxiliary companies are introduced with a total investment of Rmb 4.6 billion. In the year of 2006, the Park realized industrial output value of Rmb 5.125 billion and revenue of Rmb 307 million. In 2007, output value will exceed Rmb 7 billion and revenue Rmb 500 million. With the contribution of LBP, medical industry of Hunan moves up from No. 22 in the year of 2001 to No. 16 at present and becomes the largest biomedical park in central and west region. LBP hence becomes the only medical park under collaborative construction of United Nations Industrial Development Organization in China and is Torch Plans Base of the Ministry of Science and Technology, medicine export base of the Ministry of Commerce, key project of the Provincial Government and one of the ten benchmark projects inChangsha. In October 2006, it was nominated by SDRC as Changsha National Biomedical Industrial Base.
Main features of Changsha National Biomedical Industrial Base are:
1. Strong independent innovation capabilities. The Base now owns 160 new medicines and patented medicines, in which Hunan Warrant owns 33 patented medicines and Jiudian Pharmaceutics owns 20 patented medicines. Investment used for new medicine innovation and industrial incubation supported by Finance of the Base reaches Rmb 120 million.
2. Best professional medicine service system in China. Professional medicine service center is established in the Base according to the demand of industrialization, responsible for helping companies in new medicine declaration and authentication; and public laboratories, preproduction base and venture capital are set up. The Base is appraised by SDRC as the best medical park in incubating medical industry.
3. Large scale of medical industry congregation. In 2006, 20 companies in the Base had medical output value of over Rmb 100 million, and in which output of Taier Pharmaceutics exceeded Rmb 800 million. Being the best in profit making, revenue of Siqi Medicine exceeded Rmb 30 million in 2006. And the biggest in investment scale is Welman Pharmaceutics and its fixed asset investment reaches Rmb 200 million.
4. Special construction style. Environment protection and equipment of living and production utilities are the concerns during construction of the Base. A town featured in hehy industry is now of its preliminary shape and it is honored as one of the most beautiful industrial parks in the province.
5. Consummate management system. Human resources, finance and material supply in the Base are relatively independent. All related administrational authorities of Liuyang City have been authorized here and level 1 vault is built as per the approval of People’s Bank of China. All local income will be re-invested in the construction of the Base and investment company of the Base will operate and develop it as per market practice.
Services agency： Administrative Committee of