Guidance for foreigners applying for an X2 visa (short-term study) extension and renewal
Foreigners studying in Changsha for a short term
(1) Fill in the Foreigner Visa Certificate Application Form with black ink, paste a recent two-inch full-faced and hat-free photo with white background; signature by applicant and by foreign affairs personnel at education institute that applicant goes to;
(2) Valid passport or other international travel documents (basic information, valid visa and entry pages);
(3) Official letter with institute’s seal;
(4) Letter of admission and the studying certificate from education institute;
(5) Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201/JW202) issued by Hunan education administration.
(6) Temporary Accommodation Information Registration Form and its photocopy at local police station or hotels in network with exit and entry management department;
Inviter’s foreign affairs personnel ID card (state contact information on ID card photocopy);
(7) ID card of foreign affairs personnel at education institute (state contact information on the ID card photocopy);
(8) Other materials the public security organ thinks it might be necessary to submit.
Matters needing attention
(1) Applicant must take a face-to-face interview;
(2) X2 visa extension is only effective for the entry in question, with no effect on the number of entries and validity on the original visa, and the accumulative extension should not exceed the duration of stay as stated on the visa. Non-X2 visa expires when X2 visa is issued. Time limit for X2 visa approval depends on applicant’s status, but normally won’t go beyond 180 days;
(3) Education institute should register with Changsha Public Security Bureau’s exit and entry management department as required by law;
(4) Original application materials are needed for checking and their photocopies will be put on file (A4 paper), except application form and official letter;
(5) Foreign language application materials shall be translated into Chinese word-for-word by education institute and be stamped with its seal or by qualified translation company and stamped with its seal before being submitted;
(6) Foreigner should annul their Chinese household registration before filing an application, and offer annulment proof to local police station if necessary.
(1) The Exit-Entry Administration Law’s 29 clause stipulates that foreigners who need to extend their duration of stay should file an application to local public security’s exit and entry administration department at or above county level seven days before their visa expires;
(2) Unit issuing official letter should be held accountable for the verity of the letter content
(3) Applicant and individual or unit issuing invitation letter and certificates shall cooperate with public security organ’s exit and entry administration in interview, telephone inquiry, and on-the-spot investigation.
(4) Exit and entry management institute’s decision on foreign visa extension, renewal, replacement is definitive.
(5) Visa agencies can reserve the right not to explain the reasons for visa denial.
Working hours and location:
Working hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Address: No 2 Fenglinyi Road, Yingwan town, Changsha city (4th floor, Hexi Traffic Police Building’s Skirt Building)
Time limit for getting the certificate: Seven working days if all materials are in place, excluding time for investigation.
Tel: 0731-82587623; 0731-82587653
Changsha Public Security Bureau’s population and exit and entry management department is responsible for the interpretation of the notice and reserves the right to make changes.