Guidance for foreigners to apply for an L visa (travel) extension
Foreigners traveling in Changsha with L visa
(1) Fill in the Foreigner Visa Certificate Application Form with black ink, paste a recent two-inch full-faced and hat-free photo with white background; signature by applicant;
(2) Valid passport or other international travel documents (basic information, valid visa and entry pages);
(3) Official letter from Changsha travel agency. Self-help foreign travelers should submit itinerary materials;
(4) Temporary Accommodation Information Registration Form and its photocopy at local police station or hotels in network with exit and entry management department;
(5) Other materials the public security organ might think it necessary to submit.
Matters needing attention
(1) Applicant must take a face-to-face interview;
(2) Visa extension is only effective for the entry in question, with no effect on the number of entries and validity on the original visa, and the accumulative extension should not exceed the duration of stay as stated on the visa, with 30 days the longest;
(3) Travel agency should register with Changsha Public Security Bureau’s exit and entry management department as required by law;
(4) Original application materials are needed for checking and their photocopies will be put on file (A4 paper), except application form and official letter;
(5) Foreigner should annul their Chinese household registration before filing an application, and offer annulment proof to local police station if necessary.
(1) The Exit-Entry Administration Law’s 29 clause stipulates that foreigners who need to extend their duration of stay should file an application to local public security’s exit and entry administration department at or above county level seven days before their visa expires;
(2) Unit issuing official letter should be held accountable for the verity of the letter content;
(3) Applicant and individual or unit issuing invitation letter and certificates shall cooperate with public security organ’s exit and entry administration in interview, telephone inquiry, and on-the-spot investigation.
(4) Exit and entry management institute’s decision on foreign visa extension, renewal, replacement is definitive.
(5) Visa agencies can reserve the rights not to explain the reasons for visa denial.
Working hours and location:
Working hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Address: No 2 Fenglinyi Road, Yingwan town, Changsha city (4th floor, Hexi Traffic Police Building’s Skirt Building)
Time limit for getting the certificate: Seven working days if all materials are in place, excluding time for investigation.
Tel: 0731-82587623; 0731-82587653
Changsha Public Security Bureau’s population and exit and entry management department is responsible for the interpretation of the notice and reserves the right to make changes.