Guidance for overseas students to apply for a residence permit
Laws: Rules for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Control of the Exit and Entry of Aliens
(1) Applicant's valid passport, visa and original certificate and photocopy of recent entry record;
(2) Official letter issued by college (applicant’s basic information, application reason, content and deadline), and the admission letter.
(3) JW20l or JW202 is needed for applicant with L or F visa;
(4) A two-inch full-faced color photo;
(5) Health certificate is needed for applicant who applies for residence permit for the first time (except people under age of 18);
(6) Fill in the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form;
(7) Submit temporary accommodation registration form; (Foreigners in China shall complete registration procedures for accommodation in China)
(8) Other materials the public security organ thinks necessary for submission.
Matters needing attention:
Time limit for getting the certificate: Five working days if all materials are in place, excluding time for investigation.
Address: No 2 Fenglinyi Road, Yingwan town, Changsha city (4th floor, Hexi Traffic Police Building’s Skirt Building)
The reception hall of Changsha Public Security Bureau’s population and exit and entry management department
Work hours: Monday-Friday (except holidays) Morning: 9:00-12:00; Afternoon: 13:00-17:00
Tel: 0731-88878745, 88878741