Yuhua District was established in 1996. It is located in the southeast of Changsha City. It has jurisdiction over 12 subdistricts, 1 town (Tiaoma Town), 1 provincial industrial park (Yuhua Economic Development Zone), and 1 municipal logistics industrial park (Yuhua Modern E-commerce Industrial Park). It covers a total area of 304.9 square kilometers, with a permanent resident population of 927,400 (as of 2018). In 2018, the annual gross domestic product (GDP) reached 188.816 billion CNY, a year-on-year increase of 7.8%.
There are five “image cards” of the district:
1. It is called the district of high-speed rails. The HSR New Town project covers a planned construction area of 46.9 square kilometers. It is the transport hub of Central China, which provides services of High speed rail, aviation, expressway, intercity light rail, urban subway and maglev express line.
2. It is a business center. The Gaoqiao, Hongxing, Dongtang business complexes are located here.
3. It’s an open and civilized district of innovation. There are 95 high-tech innovation platforms at provincial and municipal level, like Alibaba’s innovation cultivation base, cultural industry demonstration base; there are 94 new and high-tech enterprises such as BYD and SAM. It leads Changsha in the fields of new energy vehicles, intelligent manufacturing and cultural innovation.
4. It’s a livable district. It has abundant resources in education and healthcare. There are 8 institutions of higher learning, 100 primary and elementary schools. There are 5 renowned hospitals like the Second Xiangya Hospital. It took the lead in family planning and culture services, and social undertakings.
5. It’s a green district. The green area of Yuhua District has reached 183.84 square kilometers, accounting for two-thirds of the “green heart” in the “two-oriented” society construction area in Changsha, Zhuzhou and Xiangtan. The urban greening rate and the air quality rate are among the highest in the central provincial capital. And it is the first batch of national ecological demonstration zones.
Chinese source: yuhua.gov.cn; Hunan Statistics Bureau
Photo source: icswb.com
- Xiangya Medical Team Leaves for Jilin to Help Fight Against Epidemic
- Acting Governor Mao Joins Deliberation of Changsha Delegation
- Ancient Music, Dance and Opera-themed Cultural Relics Displayed in Changsha
- In Pics: 4th Session of 13th Hunan Provincial People’s Congress and 4th Session of 12th CPPCC Hunan Provincial Committee Open